Understanding the Vampire Facial
The Vampire Facial doesn’t just come with an interesting name – it also yields great results. This is what makes this a popular choice among those looking to rejuvenate their appearance. If you have noticed signs of skin damage and aging on the face, then getting a Vampire Facial can work wonders.
What Exactly Is a Vampire Facial?
The Vampire Facial also goes by the name “Platelet Rich Plasma Facial.” It got the “Vampire” moniker because it involves extracting the patient’s own blood and processing it to specifically make use of the platelets and their growth factors. This processed substance is then reinjected to help rejuvenate the face.
Understanding the Procedure
1. Extraction of Blood
First, a very small amount of blood is drawn from the patient’s arm. The extraction is similar to getting a standard blood test and thus does not cause much pain or discomfort.
2. The Centrifuge
The blood that is extracted is then placed in a centrifuge in order to isolate the platelets. These are the growth factors that are actually used in the process. Centrifugation is a quick process that takes around 10 minutes to complete.
3. Preparing the Face
The patient’s face is then prepared for the procedure. A topical numbing cream is applied to the skin in order to ease any discomfort that might be caused.
4. Application of the Prepared Platelets
The prepared platelets are injected into the skin of the face in key areas, kindling the multipotent stem cells that help repair the damaged and aged skin. In this process, the skin’s ability to produce collagen is enhanced.
The Best Candidates for a Vampire Facial
Here are some of the cases where you might find a Vampire Facial a good choice:
• Reduction in the blood circulation to the face might sometimes cause the skin on the face to slightly turn gray. The Vampire Facial returns color to the skin in the form of a rosy glow.
• Aging and skin damage can deteriorate the skin’s texture. This results in a dull, tired, and old look, no matter what your age is. The Vampire Facial can help restore smoothness to the skin texture.
• Vertical lines around the mouth – what we call “smile lines” – can be corrected with the Vampire Facial procedure.
• Acne scars and other scars that might be left on the face after chicken pox or other injuries can be reduced in appearance with the help of the Vampire Facial.
• This is a non-surgical procedure that doesn’t involve incisions and scars. This makes the procedure highly appealing to those patients who would like to avoid surgical procedures.
Scheduling a Vampire Facelift Consultation at Our Office
The Vampire Facelift process works best only if the procedure’s guidelines are strictly followed. Thus, it’s vital that you find a skilled and experienced medial professional to administer the procedure.
If you’re looking for the ideal plastic surgeon for your procedure, look no further than well-respected triple-board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Andrew Lyos. Dr. Lyos has numerous satisfied patients and will be happy to help you better understand this state-of-the-art treatment option. For a consultation with Dr. Lyos, contact our office today.